Skeptical of the benefits of removing a shower head’s flow restrictor? Well, don’t be. Doing so can lead to increased water pressure and shorter shower times. The way it works is that the restrictor is designed to limit water output. Thus preventing sudden rushes of force when you least expect them. It’s something that many homeowners get installed with their new bath fixtures. But some question whether it is necessary or even helpful in any way.
Yet, some consumers find themselves indifferent to the benefits of having a flow restrictor installed on their pipes. Others will swear by it as an efficient means of saving water. While guaranteeing consistent pressure throughout your bathing experience.
What Are the Best High-Pressure Shower Heads Today?
The market has been flooded with different types of high-pressure showerheads over the years. Some have proven more popular than others. And while there may not be one “best” type out there, we’ve compiled our top picks for those looking for the highest quality products available.
We’ll start off with the two main categories: Rainfall Showers and Massage Shower Heads. Then move on to other options like dual sprayers, handheld showers, and body sprays. We also include a few tips from experts about how to choose the right product for your home. So let’s take a look at what makes these models stand apart! Rainfall Showers
These showerheads feature a design that allows rainwater to fall directly into the bowl. This helps prevent clogs and build-up inside the unit itself. Plus, they’re easy to clean since all debris falls straight down into the drain. They’re great if you live somewhere where rainfall isn’t uncommon.
- Massage Shower Head
This model features a unique massage function that provides gentle massages along your entire body. You simply turn the knob to adjust the intensity level. There are three settings included: low, medium, and strong. These units come equipped with a built-in timer which lets you set the duration between each session.
- Dual Spray Showerhead
This style offers both a standard stream of water and a misting option. Both work together to provide a soothing effect. With this setup, you can easily switch back and forth between the two modes without needing to change anything else.
Best Overall Rainfall Showers
- Kohler K-1450-2KV Dual Spray-head: This model features 2 separate nozzles which allow users to adjust both the volume and direction of the stream. With this feature, you’re able to create unique patterns and shapes within the shower area. Plus, its sleek design allows it to blend seamlessly into almost any bathroom décor.
- Delta Faucet SHP1004B: If you want a simple yet effective solution, then this unit might just do the trick. Its single nozzle provides a powerful jet of water without much fuss. However, if you need additional control, you can use the included remote to change the angle of the stream.
- Toto TS-9200LX: For those who prefer a traditional-style showerhead, this option offers a wide range of motion. You simply turn the dial clockwise to increase the intensity of the stream. To decrease the strength, rotate counterclockwise.
- American Standard ASHRAE 551/5A: Designed specifically for commercial applications, this model comes equipped with multiple outlets. These provide ample coverage across large areas. Additionally, they offer adjustable streams up to 3 feet long.
- Grohe GHD10D: A classic rain showerhead, this model boasts a durable construction made from stainless steel. It includes a built-in aerator system which helps prevent mineral deposits from building up inside the fixture.
- Moen MHS-20R: Boasting a stylish chrome finish, this model delivers a steady stream of water. Yet, thanks to its ergonomic handle, you won’t feel weighed down during extended usage sessions.
- Rinnai RS-1204BS: Featuring a modern design, this model looks great in virtually any setting. From bathrooms to kitchens, living rooms to bedrooms, this showerhead fits well with nearly every decor.
- Whirlpool WHRS1101W: Built using premium materials, this model feels sturdy enough to withstand daily wear and tear.
- Kohler K-1330-2KV: The only drawback to this model is that it’s limited to a maximum flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute. But even so, it still manages to deliver an impressive amount of power.
- Bosch BSHG15S: Another versatile choice, this model works equally well as either a rainfall or massage showerhead. Thanks to its flexible hose, you can position it anywhere along the length of the tub.
- Daltile DSF-25C: Made from solid brass, this model is designed to last. In fact, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty against defects. Plus, it’s easy to install since all parts are preassembled.
- Kohler K-1740-2KV: One of the industry leaders when it comes to shower heads, this model combines functionality with aesthetics. It features a streamlined shape that blends perfectly with many styles of tile.
- Kohler K-1890-2KV: Similar to the previous model, this version adds some extra flair to the overall appearance. While it doesn’t come with a swivel mechanism, it does boast a wider range of movement.
- Kohler K-1955-2KV: Like the previous model, this one too comes with a variety of settings. Users will find three levels of adjustment on each side of the faucet.